Zapier Recipe - Constant Contact
In this article we continue our series in sharing new Zapier recipes to connect AffiliateWP with other applications and services. Today we are adding new AffiliateWP affiliates to the popular marketing email automation service: Constant Contact .
- The AffiliateWP Zapier pro add-on is installed, configured, and connected to Zapier on your website.
- You have basic knowledge of how Zapier works, as well as access to a free or paid Zapier account.
- You have access to a Constant Contact account.
Trigger - New Affiliate
In this step we will setup a trigger that fires when a new affiliate is added to AffiliateWP, and an action that uses the new affiliate's info to insert a contact to an existing list in Constant Contact so you can communicate with your affiliates more affectively.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- In your Zapier dashboard, click the MAKE A ZAP! button.
- Name your Zap in the top-left corner.
- On the right where it says Choose a Trigger App, begin to type 'AffiliateWP' to search for t app, and click to select it.
- Next, select the New AffiliateTrigger, then click the Save + Continue button.
- Next, select the AffiliateWP account to connect with. If you haven't previously connected an AffiliateWP account, click the + Connect an Account button and follow the instructions in this article: Zapier - Setup and configuration and return here to resume. Before you leave this screen, click the Test button to make sure you can connect. If the test is successful, the button will change to Success!. When ready, click the Save + Continue button to proceed.
- In this step you will test your AffiliateWP trigger to make sure everything is working. You don't have to create a new Affiliate for this test, just make sure at least one affiliate already exists so it has something to fetch (retrieve). Click the Fetch & Continue button.If your test was successful you'll see a green banner stating this, and a link to view your affiliate to see the actual data. Click to view the affiliate that was accessed, and scroll to see that alldata appears as expected. When ready, click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- The next screen says Choose an Action App. Begin to type 'Constant Contact ' to search for the app, and click to select it.
- Next we are to Select Constant Contact Action. Click the action of your choice. We chose the Create Contact option in this example. This will usually apply since these are new affiliates and new accounts on your site. To proceed, click the Save + Continue button. Note: If there is a chance their email might already exist on your Constant Contact lists, you may want to select Find Contact, since it will give you the option to create a contact if none are found.
- In this step, we will connect to Constant Contact. If you have previously connected, you will see these account(s) listed. Go ahead and select an account to use, then click Continue and skip to the next step. If, however, you have never connected, click the + Connect an Account button. Next you will see this screen. Fill in your Constant Contact log in information, and click the Log in button: Next, click the Allow button to allow your Constant Contact account to be accessed by Zapier.
Now, you will be back at the Select Constant Contact Account screen that will have your new account selected. I recommend clicking the Test button to verify the connection (If successful, the button will change to Success!). When ready to proceed, click the Save + Continue button.
- Next you will map the affiliate data you'd like to store in the Set up Constant Contact Contact screen fields. The required fields are an existing List field (if you haven't set any up, it defaults to a General List that is auto-created for you when you set up your Constant Contact account) and an email address. We also populated the First Name and Last Name fields in our example. When finished, click the Continue button at the bottom.
- And that is it, you are done! Click the link view your contact to see if everything went where it was supposed to. Then finally, you can click the Add a step button or the Finish button. Now anytime a new affiliate registers (and is approved) on your site where AffiliateWP is installed, it will be added as a contact in the Constant Contact list you selected in your steps above automatically! The more you engage and empower your affiliates about the latest news, product sales and specials, the more they will promote your business!