Zapier Recipe - AWeber
In this article we continue our series in sharing new Zapier recipes to connect AffiliateWP with other applications and services. Today we are adding new AffiliateWP affiliates to the popular marketing email automation service AWeber.
Trigger - New Affiliate
In this step we will setup a trigger that fires when a new affiliate is added to AffiliateWP, and an action that uses the new affiliate's info to insert a subscriber to an existing list in AWeber so you can communicate with your affiliates more affectively.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- In your Zapier dashboard, click the MAKE A ZAP! button.
- Name your Zap in the top-left corner.
- On the right where it says Choose a Trigger App, begin to type 'AffiliateWP' to search for that app, and click to select it.
- Next, select the New AffiliateTrigger, then click the Save + Continue button.
- Next, select the AffiliateWP account to connect with. If you haven't previously connected an AffiliateWP account, click the + Connect an Account button and follow the instructions in this article: Zapier - Setup and configuration and return here to resume. Before you leave this screen, click the Test button to make sure you can connect. When successful, click the Continue button to proceed.
- In this step you will test your AffiliateWP trigger to make sure everything is working. You don't have to create a new Affiliate for this test, just make sure at least one affiliate already exists so it has something to retrieve.If your test was successful you'll see a green banner stating this , and the option to view your affiliate to see the actual data. Click to view and scroll to see that all the affiliate data appears as expected. Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- The next screen says Choose an Action App. Begin to type 'AWeber' to search for the app, and click to select it.
- Next we are to Select AWeber Action. Click the action of your choice. We chose the Create Subscriber option in this example because we had a blank list, then clicked the Save + Continue button. If there is a chance their email might already exist on your AWeber list, you may want to select Find Subscriber, since it will give you the option to create a subscriber if none are found.
- In this step, we will connect to AWeber. If you've previously connected, you will see an account you can select to use -- click Continue and skip to the next step. If, however, you have never connected, click the + Connect an Account button
Next you will see this screen. Fill in your AWeber account login name and password, and click the Allow Access button:Next you will see this screen below. I recommend clicking the Test button to verify the connection. When ready to proceed, click the Save + Continue button.
- Next you will map the affiliate data you'd like to store in the Set up AWeber Subscriber screen fields. The required fields are an Account field (it's your AWeber account represented by a number) an existing List (from AWeber) and an email address. We also added the User Display Name in the Name field example. When finished, click the Continue button at the bottom.
Before creating the new subscriber, AWeber zaps show you a preview of the data that will be inserted. If everything looks good, click the Create & Continue button. If you want to make changes, simply click the Edit Template step under the Action column on the left-side of the screen and repeat these steps.
- And that is it, you are done! Click the link view your subscriber to see if everything went where it was supposed to. Next you can click the Add a step button or the Finish button.
Now anytime a new affiliate registers (and is approved) on your site where AffiliateWP is installed, it will be added as a subscriber in the AWeber list you selected in your steps above. The more you engage and empower your affiliates about the latest news, product sales and specials, the more they will promote your business!