Zapier Recipe - ConvertKit
In this article we continue our series in sharing new Zapier recipes to connect AffiliateWP with other applications and services. Today we are adding new AffiliateWP affiliates to the popular subscriber-driven email automation service: ConvertKit.
Trigger - New Affiliate
In this step we will setup a trigger that fires when a new affiliate is added to AffiliateWP, and an action that uses the new affiliate's info to insert a contact into ConvertKit so you can communicate with your affiliates more affectively.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- In your Zapier dashboard, click the MAKE A ZAP! button.
- Name your Zap in the top-left corner.
- On the right where it says Choose a Trigger App, begin to type 'AffiliateWP' to search for that app, and click to select it.
- Next, select the New AffiliateTrigger, then click the Save + Continue button.
- Next, select the AffiliateWP account to connect with (you may only have one) and click the Continue button. If you haven't previously connected an account, click the + Connect an Account button and follow the instructions in this article: Zapier - Setup and configuration and return here to resume.
- In this step you will test your AffiliateWP trigger to make sure everything is connected. You don't have to create a new Affiliate for this test, just make sure at least one affiliate already exists so it has something to retrieve. Click the Test button on this screen:
If your test was successful you'll see a green banner stating this , and the option to view your affiliate to see the actual data. Click to view and scroll to see that all the affiliate data appears as expected. Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- The next screen says Choose an Action App. Begin to type 'ConvertKit' to search for the app, and click to select it.
- Next we are to Select ConvertKit Action. Click the action of your choice, we chose Add a Subscriber to a Tag option in this example, then clicked the Save + Continue button. (For more information on creating forms, sequences and tags in ConvertKit, check out their documentation here: http://help.convertkit.com/ )
- In this step, we will connect to ConvertKit. If you've previously connected, you will see an account you can select to use -- click Continue and skip to the next step. If, however, you have never connected, click the + Connect an Account button and you will see this screen: If you've already installed the ConvertKit plugin to create forms on your WordPress site where AffiliateWP is installed, you can access your API Key and API Secret from Settings > ConvertKit. If you are not using that feature yet, log in to your ConvertKit account, go to Account > Account Info and retrieve your API keys from there. When your API values are entered, click the Yes, Continue button in Zapier. The next screen offers the option to click the Test button to make sure you can connect successfully. When ready to proceed, click the Finish button.
- Next you will map the affiliate data you'd like to store in the Set up ConvertKit Subscriber screen fields. The required fields are an existing Tag and an email address. When finished, click the Continue button at the bottom.
- And that is it, you are done! Click the link view your subscriber to see if everything went where it was supposed to. Next you can click the Add a step button or Finish.Now anytime a new affiliate registers (and is approved) on your site where AffiliateWP is installed, it will be added as a subscriber in ConvertKit. The more you engage and empower your affiliates about the latest news, product sales and specials, the more they will promote your business!