Direct Link Tracking - How Direct Link Tracking works
When a visitor comes to your website from another site, AffiliateWP is able to see the URL of the referring website. If the referring URL is registered as a direct link for an affiliate, and the URL has been approved by a site administrator, the associated affiliate will be credited with the visit exactly like they would if the visitor had clicked on a URL to your site that contained an affiliate's referral code.
- Your site is called MyStore.com.
- Jane (the affiliate) is promoting your site on a specific website, which she owns. The domain for that blog is JanesCoolBlog.com
- Jane writes about the products/services on MyStore.com, and links to MyStore.com, without using her affiliate referral variable (eg, MyStore.com?ref=35 or MyStore.com/ref/jane:
Make sure to visit MyStore.com for great products and support!
- You want every purchase coming from janescoolblog.com to be automatically credited to Jane's affiliate account on your MyStore.com site, without Jane needing to use her referral variable.
- After setting up Direct Link Tracking and notifying your affiliates of the new feature, Jane can now refer readers to your site directly.