Zapier Recipe - ActiveCampaign
≈In this article we continue our series in sharing new Zapier recipes to connect AffiliateWP with other applications and services. Today, we are adding new AffiliateWP affiliates to the popular marketing automation service: ActiveCampaign.
Trigger - New Affiliate
In this step we will setup a trigger that fires when a new affiliate is added to AffiliateWP, and an action that uses the new affiliate's info to insert a contact into ActiveCampaign so you can communicate with your affiliates more affectively.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- In your Zapier dashboard, click the MAKE A ZAP! button.
- Name your Zap in the top-left corner.
- On the right where it says Choose a Trigger App, begin to type 'AffiliateWP' to search for that app, and click to select it.
- Next, select the New Affiliate Trigger, then click the Save + Continue button.
Next, select the AffiliateWP account to connect with (you may only have one) and click the Save + Continue button. If you haven't previously connected an account, click the + Connect an Account button and follow the instructions in this article: Zapier - Setup and configuration and return here to resume.
- In this step you will test your AffiliateWP trigger to make sure everything is connected. You don't have to create a new Affiliate for this test, just make sure at least one affiliate already exists so it has something to retrieve. Click the Fetch & Continue button.
- If your test was successful you'll see a green message stating this, and the option to view your affiliate to see the actual data. Click to view, and scroll to see that all the affiliate data appears as expected. Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- The next screen says Choose an Action App. Type 'ActiveCampaign' to search for the app, and click to select it.
- Next we are to Select ActiveCampaign Action. Click the action Create/Update Contact option, then click the Save + Continue button.
- In this step, we will connect to ActiveCampaign. If you've previously connected, you will see an account available to select and use -- click Continue and skip to the next step. If, however, you have never connected, click the + Connect an Account button and you will see this screen:
When logged in to your ActiveCampaign account, click My Settings in the account menu, then click the Developer tab and use the values at the top in the API Access section to populate the screen above, and click the Yes, Continue button.
- Next you will map the affiliate data you'd like to store in the Set up ActiveCampaign Contact screen fields. The required fields are an existing ActiveCampaign list and an email address. When ready, click the Continue button at the bottom.
- And that is it, you are done! Click the link view your contact to see if everything went where it was supposed to.
Now anytime a new affiliate registers (and is approved) on your site where AffiliateWP is installed, it will be added to your selected list in ActiveCampaign. The more you engage and empower your affiliates about the latest news, product sales and specials, the more likely they will be to promote your business!