Best practices for affiliate creatives and banners, and brand assets
AffiliateWP allows you to provide creatives and marketing material to your affiliates to make it easier for them to promote your website and products quickly. Below are some best practice guidelines that will help you provide attractive, effective creatives for your affiliates, as well as brand assets for them to use as they wish.
Creatives provided by site owner/admin
- Creative banners should be simple and effective. Communicate one key message per banner that you want to convey about your product or service, and feel free to use some imagery to make it stand out.
- Creative banners should be aligned with your website branding and design. Consistency is key - maintain your brand's look and feel in creatives for greater impact on potential customers.
- The smaller your creative banner file size, the more efficiently it will load on websites. As per point number 1 above, simple is best. Try to avoid overloading your banners with hi-resolution images.
- Your creative banners can be any dimension or size, however we strongly recommend following regular digital ad banner sizes for best practice - they’re more likely to be compatible across multiple websites and in e-newsletter templates. Check out the IAB's Display Advertising Guidelines for some suggestions.
- Your logo and guidelines for how it should be used correctly
- Brand colors
- Any product shots or imagery you want them to use
- Specific copy or content that should be used.
Common banner specs
- 40kb is recommended for a faster load time
- .PNG (preferred)
Note: To share creatives to social networks, images can be saved to an affiliate's computer and uploaded to the appropriate social network. On some social networks (e.g. Facebook) the HTML code provided by creatives cannot be used directly inside the share box. In these instances, the affiliate can simply use the text and link where appropriate. For more, see http://docs.affiliatewp.com/article/1170-sharing-affiliate-referral-urls-links.