Can I translate AffiliateWP into my own language?
Absolutely! AffiliateWP can be easily translated into your chosen language if a translation does not already exist within the plugin.
- Download and install Poedit
- Download this template file and open it within Poedit
- Click on each string of text and enter your new translation within the translation box
- Go to File → Save As to save your translations in a .po file. Label the file with your country code included. For example, the French translation files are called affiliate-wp-fr_FR.mo and affiliate-wp-fr_FR.po
- When you are finished translating, go to File → Save As again to generate the .mo file
- Place these 2 files in your /wp-content/languages/affiliate-wp folder (create one if it's not there) or send them to us so we can include them in a future plugin update.
- Make sure your language has been selected in WordPress
You can also set Poedit to always compile a .mo file when saving changes by going to File → Preferences and on the editor tab check the Automatically compile .mo file on save option.