Recurring Referrals - WP Simple Pay - Set up and configuration
To track recurring referrals with AffiliateWP and Stripe Checkout, you will need:
- A Stripe.com account
- WP Simple Pay Lite 1.5.9 or later or WP Simple Pay Pro
- AffiliateWP 2.0 or later
- Recurring Referrals 1.6 or later
Basic set up
1. Before proceeding, ensure that the Zippy Courses integration is enabled in AffiliateWP by checking Zippy Courses in Affiliates → Settings → Integrations:
2. The Recurring Referrals add-on requires the ability to track recurring payments from Stripe, via the WP Simple Pay plugin integration.
In order to do this, a webhook must be entered in your Stripe dashboard. You'll need to set a webhook url both for test and live Stripe connections. You can find this webhook url in the Affiliates Settings Recurring Referrals tab:
After copying the url, you'll need to enter it into Stripe within the pop-up window:
Note that a webhook must be entered both for test Stripe transactions, and your live Stripe transactions.
3. After setting up a recurring subscription form in WP Simple Pay, recurring referrals will be generated. WP Simple Pay does not store transaction data within your WordPress site, so the referral reference in this case links directly to the relevant data within your Stripe dashboard: